This document outlines the register of an application on Azure.
Register an application
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Search for and select Azure Active Directory.
- Under Manage, select App registrations > New registration.
- Enter a Display Name for your application. Users of your application might see the display name when they use the app, for example during sign-in. You can change the display name at any time and multiple app registrations can share the same name. The app registration’s automatically generated Application (Client) ID, not its display name, uniquely identifies your app within the identity platform.
- Select web in redirect URI and Enter the redirect URI
- Select Register to complete the initial app registration.
- When registration finishes, the Azure portal displays the app registration’s Overview pane. You see the Application (Client) ID. Also called the Client ID, this value uniquely identifies your application in the Microsoft identity platform.
- Once you have registered the application, Select Authentication in the side menu.
- Enable Access tokens (used for implicit flows) and ID tokens (used for implicit and hybrid flows) under Implicit grant and hybrid flows section
- Choose the Accounts in any organizational directory (Any Azure AD directory – Multitenant) option under Supported account types.
- Click Save.
Add a Client Secret
- Select Certificates & Secrets > Client Secrets > New Client Secret.
- Add a description of your client’s secret.
- Select an expiration for the secret or specify a custom lifetime, select an expiration for the secret or specify a custom lifetime. Client secret lifetime is limited to two years (24 months) or less. You can’t specify a custom lifetime longer than 24 months.
- Select Add.
- Record the secret’s value for use in your client application code. This secret value is never displayed again after you leave this page.
Delegated permission to Microsoft Graph
- Select API permissions > Add a permission > Microsoft Graph
- Select Delegated permissions. Microsoft Graph exposes many permissions, with the most commonly used shown at the top of the list.
- Under Select permissions, select the following permissions:
- Click Add permissions to complete the process.
- Once permissions have been added, User must Grant admin consent for Contoso.
Add the Client Id and Client Secret to the netDocShare Admin app
- Login to netDocShare admin app.
- Navigate to NetDocuments setting tab.
- Enter the Microsoft Client Id and Microsoft Client Secret and click Save.