Click on Add a new Webpart in column one
- Normal View
- Tree View
- Recent Documents
- My Checked-Out Documents
- My Email Files
- Go to Client/Matter
- Hybrid Search
Our webparts can directly integrate ndThread view of containers or workspaces directly as an additional tabbed view in either SharePoint or Microsoft Teams. To use this feature, simply select “Show ndThread” when creating a new view with Config Builder or editing an existing view. ndThread must already be activated on a tenant-level in your NetDocuments account. Please contact your NetDocuments Administrator for more info on how to enable ndThread.
Similar to ndThread, the new ‘Show ndTasks’ feature will also appear as an additional tab when activated.
If a user enables Compact Mode for Normal View or Tree View some fields will be disabled based on the conditions.
toggle option for it to appear in the webpart
toggle option for it to appear on the webpart
A cabinet will display folders and workspaces contained within the specified cabinet. Workspaces that appear in this view may not exactly reflect what is shown in NetDocuments. This is because we are displaying workspaces that are associated with the cabinet as well as inside the cabinet.
Filters are an array of key-value pairs, denoting specific NetDocuments property filters you wish to place on the webpart. The example above includes two filters for the document “property”: “Ext,” and the specific extension “value(s)”: “doc” and “pdf”. The filters array can take any specific filter-key-value-pair in relation to the list of NetDocuments properties noted previously, and desired values for those properties.
Once we searched for any email/ document, we can save the searched item and we can view in webpart container.
Our webparts support the usage of CollabSpaces from NetDocuments.com. CollabSpaces are like workspaces and Share Spaces; The major difference is that CollabSpaces allow external users of NetDocuments to have access to the documents inside the CollabSpace.
CollabSpaces can be displayed in Normal or TreeView using the “primarySource” value in the configs and inputting the ID and using “collabspace” as type.
To give access to external users, a few SharePoint-based permission tasks need to be completed as well as granting permission to the user through NetDocuments.com.
- First, the external user must be added to the group that the CollabSpace is shared with on netdocuments.com. This will send an email to the user and allow them to access the NetDocuments website through a special external user login.
- To view the content on SharePoint, the user must first be added to the site collection where the webpart is located.
- Finally, the external user must ALSO be added to the App Catalog site collection where the App is deployed.
Upon giving the correct permissions, external users will have access to a specific webpart where they can see and interact with CollabSpace contents. The external users will be locked out of every other view except for the CollabSpace that you have allowed them to view. For more information about how to grant access to external users, please refer to the official NetDocuments documentation.
Our webparts support the usage of ShareSpace from NetDocuments.com. ShareSpaces are like workspaces. The major difference is that ShareSpace can allow NetDocuments internal users to have access to the documents inside the ShareSpace.
ShareSpace can be displayed in Normal or TreeView using the “primarySource” value in the configs and inputting the ID and using “ShareSpace” as type.
To give access to internal users, a few SharePoint-based permission tasks needs to be done as well as permission granted through NetDocuments.com.
- Show All → To view both Documents Folders
- Show summary view: only shows a Folder structure, List view only shows Documents structure
- Show Documents Only → To view Document in Tree View
- Show All → To view Folder/Document in Tree View based structure
- Once enabled shows a container data with parent data
Field options will be visible based on the Source type selection, it has eight types
If user selects Search button, based on ‘search behavior’ and ‘search in fields’ search bar will enable a user to search for a keyword in the webpart.
By Clicking on the Filter Icon user will enable column-based filter options. Based on the filters selected the user can search for an absolute search term and select a file.
If user clicks on the Refresh button in Config, the entire webpart data is refreshed.
If user selects the Export button in Config, the overall data will be exported in an excel file.
If User selects the download button in Config, user will be able to download a selected document or file.
Upload button helps in three ways:
- Create new Folder
- Create a new Document ( format :Excel, PPT, Word)
- Upload a single/multiple File/s and Folder/s
If user selects upload button in Config, user can upload a File or Folder inside the Folder section.
Once file is checked out by a user, you will be able to see the check-in button as shown below.
Based on the users selection for the action buttons, user will be able to see the above icons for List and Summary View.
It has two types.
- Search Current View – Searches only the current view being displayed in a webpart.
- Search All – Searches all the webpart content based on the user configurations and also searches child-level and parent-level documents.
It has two types.
- Title – Search based on the title.
- Everything –Search based on all document specifications.
Context Menu determines what options will appear in the dropdown context menu that is opened from clicking the “…” button beside each document. The ‘contextMenu’ can be disabled by completely removing the key and value from the config object. Users can add other options indicated in the list below:
If you omit the values for ``contextMenu``, the webpart will select the default options of “open” and “preview”. This can be changed by editing the JSON manually or picking the values from the corresponding dropdown menus in the config Builder. Please see an example of the context menu with all options turned on below:
- Download – User can download a particular file
- Delete - User can delete a particular file
- Rename File – User can change their file name
- Favorites – User can add their files in favorite list items
- Check In/Check out - User can Check in and Check out a file. Once Checked out, file will be locked and other users will not be able to Download, Preview document, View in Browser, Add to My Favorites or Check In
- Preview Document - User can preview a document
- View In Browser - User can view the document in a separate tab in a browser
- Edit Profile - User can edit profile details in a popup custom attribute
- Co-Authoring – User can share documents with external and internal users. When co- authoring starts shared members can access file and edit, view and update. Once co-authoring is stopped shared users will not have access to shared documents.
- Lock Version – If user locks a currently edited/worked document it will be permanent for that version and cannot be edited or unlocked again.
- Get Secure Link – This requires that the “Get Secure Link” option is turned on in the user’s NetDocuments cabinet administration options. It should be on by default. This will open a full-screen browser preview without navigating to NetDocuments.
- Email Link - If user needs a file’s particular destination in NetDocuments user can select email link to share the file link with others.
- Follow – If user needs to share a document with another user, user can use this follow option.
- Create New Version – User can update the document version
- Margin Notes – Preview the document in new dialog with same browser tab.
- Open in Microsoft Office – Based on the file extension (example Word or PPT or Excel) it will open in a new tab.
- User can enable and disable an option here
- If its enabled (True) while a document is uploaded or created, new document edit profile popup will not populate the auto populate fields and document will be uploaded with only edit profile required fields.
- If it’s disabled (False) while a document is uploaded, edit profile popup will auto populate the required fields. We can also edit in profile popup.
Based on selection the size of the context menu will be displayed.
Current SharePoint root url will be fetched, and if its Teams we will provide a service url.
It will be enabled by default, when enabled it will authenticate login user based service authentication process.
The asset Path determines where the webpart will load its code and assets from. Typically, this can be found during the deployment process. Here is an example of a typical path we usually see in SharePoint Online:
For SharePoint On-Premises, your asset Path might look like:
Authentication works with iFrame and it will open in a dialog window and Redirect will open in another tab in the browser.
It will be enabled by default, when enabled it will authenticate login user based service authentication process
All documents displayed in a Webpart, upon click, will by default open the document’s profile page on the NetDocuments site. This default click behavior is customizable using Config Options. Please see our section on Config Options to customize this behavior. There are a few different behaviors that users can select:
- Profile on NetDocuments (Default):this will open the document in the NetDocuments work web.
- Preview with Secure link Enabled:this option will preview the document in the new tab with security enabled for NetDocuments access.
- Profile with Secure link Disabled:this option will preview the document in the new tab with security disabled for NetDocuments access.
- Preview with Smart Previewer system: This option will open a document with new dialog in a same browser tab.
- Download Document This option will simply download the selected document on click.
once toggled based on timing the webpart will aut refresh.
When enabled will allow faster load times for webparts on the same page.
When enabled will allow faster load times for webparts on the same page.
- View Type – Tree
- Net Code – Disable
- Compact Mode – Disable
- Show ndThread – Enable
- Show ndTasks – Enable
- Show Logo – Enable
- Show Logout - Enable
- Source Type – Cabinet
- Cabinet - Clients
- Workspace Content Display – Show Summary /List view
- Action Buttons – User can select all buttons for results view
- Search Behavior – Search All
- Search In – Everything
- Context Menu Options – Here we have selected all Context Menu keys
- Populate Mandatory Profile Fields – Disabled
- Context Menu Size – Medium
- CDN Base URL – check above cdn base url config object explanation to add here
- Asset Path – check above config setting explanation to add an asset path here
- Authentication Page Behavior – Redirect
- Default Click Behavior – Profile on NetDocuments
- Use Auto Refresh – Enabled
- Auto Refresh timer – 60
- Enhance multiple webpart – disabled
Click Save Changes in Config Builder to configure Tree View.
The page will navigate to the SharePoint page and the Tree View netDocShare Webpart will be displayed.
Click the Republish button on SharePoint page
The Tree View Webpart is created, and all the end users will have access to netDocShare Tree view.
Once published, user can edit a page again to change Config Settings.
(Note: Config values remain as per above in Tree view config setting view process and as per source type changes now, we are adding some config values. Please check below images.)
Here we are selecting a folder level view in Tree View, once the Source type is selected we need to select a cabinet and a workspace then the Folder option will appear and the data based on cabinet and workspace level. Please check below image for further reference.
While selecting folder level structure in Action Buttons we cannot select an option for ListView/SummaryView process, it will be disabled. Note: Check in will be enabled only after a document is Checked out first.
Note: Config values remain as per above.
(Note: Config values remain as per above in Tree view config setting view process and as per source type changes now, we are adding some configs value please check below images)
Here we have selected filter level view in Tree View, once source type is selected we need to select a Souce cabinet and Souce workspace only then will the Filter option show the data based on cabinet and workspace level. Please check below image for further reference.
While viewing filter level structure in Action Buttons we will not be able to select the option for ListView/SummaryView and Upload, it will be disabled.
Note: Config values remain the same per above in Tree view config setting view process and as for source type changes, we are adding some configs value please check below images.
Here we have selected Saved Search level view in Tree, once Source Type is selected we need to select a Source Cabinet and Source Workspace only then will the Saved search option show the data based on cabinet and workspace level. Please check below image for reference.
While configuring saved search level structure in Action Buttons we cannot select an option for ListView/SummaryView and Upload, it will be disabled.
Note: Config values remain the same as above in Tree view config setting view process and as for source type changes, we are adding some configs value please check below images.
Here we are selecting CollabSpace level view in Tree View, once source type is selected we need to select a Source Cabinet and Source Worksapce only then will collabspace option show the data based on cabinet and workspace level. Please check below image for reference.
While configuring Collabspace level structure in Action Buttons we cannot select an option for ListView/SummaryView and Upload, it will be disabled.
Note: Config values remain the same as above in Tree view config setting view process and as for source type changes, we are adding some config values. Please check below images.
Here we are selecting ShareSpace level view in Tree View, once source type is selected we need to select a Source Cabinet and Source Worksapce only then will ShareSpace option show the data based on cabinet and workspace level. Please check below image reference.
While viewing ShareSpace level structure in Action Buttons we cannot select the option for ListView/SummaryView and Upload as it will be disabled.