|Table of Contents
|Add a Webpart
|Config Object Explanation
|Go To Client/Matter Config Settings Process
|Results for Go To Client/Matter Config Values
Click on Add a new Webpart in column one
- Normal View
- Tree View
- Recent Documents
- My Checked-Out Documents
- My Email Files
- Go to Client/Matter
- Hybrid Search
toggle option for it to appear in the webpart
toggle option for it to appear in the webpart
A cabinet will display folders and workspaces contained within the specified cabinet. Workspaces that appear in this view may not exactly reflect what is shown in NetDocuments. This is because we are displaying workspaces that are associated with the cabinet as well as inside the cabinet.
- Show All → To view both Documents Folders
- Show summary view: only shows a Folder structure, List view only shows Documents structure
Field options will be visible based on the Source type selection, it has eight types
If user selects Search button, based on ‘search behavior’ and ‘search in fields’ search bar will enable a user to search for a keyword in the webpart.
By Clicking on the Filter Icon user will enable column-based filter options. Based on the filters selected the user can search for an absolute search term and select a file.
If user clicks on the Refresh button in Config, the entire webpart data is refreshed.
If user selects the Export button in Config, the overall data will be exported in an excel file.
If User selects the download button in Config, user will be able to download a selected document or file.
Upload button helps in three ways:
- Create new Folder
- Create a new Document ( format :Excel, PPT, Word)
- Upload a single/multiple File/s and Folder/s
If user selects upload button in Config, user can upload a File or Folder inside the Folder section.
Once file is checked out by a user, you will be able to see the check-in button as shown below.
Based on the users selection for the action buttons, user will be able to see the above icons for List and Summary View.
It has two types.
- Search Current View – Searches the current view in the webpart.
- Search All – Searches for everything in the webpart based on the keyword.
It has two types.
- Title – Search based on the title.
- Everything –Search based on all document specifications.
Context Menu determines what options will appear in the dropdown context menu that is opened from clicking the “…” button beside each document. The ‘contextMenu’ can be disabled by completely removing the key and value from the config object. Users can add other options indicated in the list below:
If you omit the values for ``contextMenu``, the webpart will select the default options of “open” and “preview”. This can be changed by editing the JSON manually or picking the values from the corresponding dropdown menus in the config Builder. Please see an example of the context menu with all options turned on below:
- Download – User can download a particular file
- Delete - User can delete a particular file
- Rename File – User can change their file name
- Favorites – User can add their files in favorite list items
- Check In/Check out - User can Check in and Check out a file. Once Checked out, file will be locked and other users will not be able to Download, Preview document, View in Browser, Add to My Favorites or Check In
- Preview Document - User can preview a document
- View In Browser - User can view the document in a separate tab in a browser
- Edit Profile - User can edit profile details in a popup custom attribute
- Co-Authoring – User can share documents with external and internal users. When co- authoring starts shared members can access file and edit, view and update. Once co-authoring is stopped shared users will not have access to shared documents.
- Lock Version – If user locks a currently edited/worked document it will be permanent for that version and cannot be edited or unlocked again.
- Get Secure Link – This requires that the “Get Secure Link” option is turned on in the user’s NetDocuments cabinet administration options. It should be on by default. This will open a full-screen browser preview without navigating to NetDocuments.
- Email Link - If user needs a file’s particular destination in NetDocuments user can select email link to share the file link with others.
- Follow – If user needs to share a document with another user, user can use this follow option.
- Create New Version – User can update the document version
- Margin Notes – Preview the document in new dialog with same browser tab.
- Open in Microsoft Office – Based on the file extension (example Word or PPT or Excel) it will open in a new tab.
- User can enable and disable an option here
- If its enabled (True) while a document is uploaded or created, new document edit profile popup will not populate the auto populate fields and document will be uploaded with only edit profile required fields.
- If it’s disabled (False) while a document is uploaded, edit profile popup will auto populate the required fields. We can also edit in profile popup.
Based on selection the size of the context menu will be displayed.
Current SharePoint root url will be fetched, and if its Teams we will provide a service url.
It will be enabled by default, when enabled it will authenticate login user based service authentication process.
The asset Path determines where the webpart will load its code and assets from. Typically, this can be found during the deployment process. Here is an example of a typical path we usually see in SharePoint Online:
For SharePoint On-Premises, your asset Path might look like:
Authentication works with iFrame and it will open in a dialog window and Redirect will open in another tab in the browser.
It will be enabled by default, when enabled it will authenticate login user based service authentication process
All documents displayed in a Webpart, upon click, will by default open the document’s profile page on the NetDocuments site. This default click behavior is customizable using Config Options. Please see our section on Config Options to customize this behavior. There are a few different behaviors that users can select:
- Profile on NetDocuments (Default):this will open the document in the NetDocuments work web.
- Preview with Secure link Enabled:this option will preview the document in the new tab with security enabled for NetDocuments access.
- Profile with Secure link Disabled:this option will preview the document in the new tab with security disabled for NetDocuments access.
- Preview with Smart Previewer system: This option will open a document with new dialog in a same browser tab.
- Download Document This option will simply download the selected document on click.
once toggled based on timing the webpart will aut refresh.
When enabled will allow faster load times for webparts on the same page.
- Show Logo – Enable
- Show Logout - Enable
- Select Cabinet - User can select based on requirement as needed.
- Workspace Content Display – Show Summary /List view
- Action Buttons – User can select all buttons for results view
- Search Behavior – Search All
- Search In – Everything
- Context Menu Options – Here User has selected all the Context Menu keys
- Populate Mandatory Profile Fields – Disabled
- Context Menu Size – Medium
- CDN Base URL – check above cdn base url config object explanation to add here
- Asset Path – check above config setting explanation to add an asset path here
- Authentication Page Behavior – Redirect
- Default Click Behavior – Profile on NetDocuments
- Use Auto Refresh – disabled
- Enhance multiple webpart – disabled
Click the Save Changes on Config Builder if the user wants to configure the Tree View .
The page will navigate to the SharePoint page and the Tree View netDocShare Webpart will be created.